Wednesday, May 13, 2015

#30DayStudyChallenge: Day 03 - Add an extra half hour to your study time today

Saturdays aren't a day I normally use to study. That's because, for the better part of the day, I am in church. Being an active member means most of my day is compromised... AND I LOVE IT. But that's a story for another day. Putting my all into everything I do takes a huge toll on my energy supply by the time I get home. Homework is usually out of the question. But Saturday, May 9th, was a little different. I woke up way earlier than... well, pretty much ever on a Saturday. It was about 5:32 a.m. and I was not going back to sleep. I got up, got ready, grabbed a bowl of cereal and headed to the home computer. Why? Because I was tired.

"How could that possibly make sense, Keila?," you may be asking yourself. I had woken up that morning, grabbed my phone and began to scroll through Tumblr. Ya'know, the usual morning routine. For some bizarre and unknown reason, I was seeing Spiraldex EVERYWHERE. It was the invasion of the Spiraldex. I loved seeing them in planners, bullet journals, walls. I wanted some of my own. But it looked too complicated and I was not about to spend 3 hours trying to figure it out. But since, I had so much time, I decided to stop stalling and moping and just get to it. As soon as I sat at the computer, I began to dig through YouTube to find someone who could guide me to the light. But then,...

Not one person could explain the Spiraldex to my complete satisfaction. *sigh* For the most part, it was just people showing how they incorporated a Spiraldex into their planner. But I didn't know what the heck it was! Finally, I found the website of the original creator of the Spiraldex. But he seemed more into the math of the design at first, then he got into what it was about. I didn't really finish reading.

Instead, I set out to find a Spiraldex template. I couldn't find a template anywhere either. I was getting exasperated. I decided to just take a stab at myself once I found the template. Finally, I found it through a Google search. Here is one that has the times written in already starting at 6 a.m. and ending at 12 a.m. Here is one that does not have the times written in and can take 12 hours more than the last one.

After printing the template out (I used the second one), it took 5 minutes to figure out the whole thing. It works very similar to a clock.

Here is the end result:



Here is what it looks like in my Bullet Journal:


And there was my extra half hour of studying on Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment